Restaurants & Bars

Owning and operating a restaurant is a lot of work. Restaurant businesses require a large initial investment and constant supervision. You will want to make sure that it remains profitable by protecting it with a suitable restaurant insurance policy. Fire is one of the more common hazards faced by restaurant owners, but it is far from the only one. Understanding what types of insurance coverage you should have and exactly what it will cover is vital for continued success.

As an owner of a restaurant, you may be required to carry several different types of insurance coverage. Some insurance is required by law and some may be required by your financial institution if you have taken out a large business loan or a mortgage on the building in which your restaurant is housed. If you rent the building, you may be required to carry business insurance as a condition of your lease.

Some common insurance types include workers compensation, commercial vehicle, building & contents coverage and general liability but there are many coverages specific to the restaurant industry to think about such as Liquor Liability, Equipment breakdown coverage and Food Contamination coverage. Contact a Columbia River Insurance agent today to discuss your needs.